Eglos Derry Farm Cottage (Cornwall)
Eglos Derry Farm Cottage is a holiday home with an indoor pool, located in Helston, 2.4 km from The Flambards Experience. Providing free private parking, the holiday home is 5 km from The Cornish Seal Sanctuary.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for The Lizard in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Loe Bar beach is actually made up of 2 parts; The Loe, which is the largest natural freshwater lake in Cornwall and the Bar, a half mile shingle/flint bank that separates the Loe from the sea. The uniqueness makes this a Designated Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). The sea at this part of the coast is not suitable for swimming, as it shelves off very deeply close to the shoreline, the beach is also prone to freak waves and strong currents. Parking and facilities at Porthleven.
- Church Cove beach is a west facing sandy beach with rock pools. The name comes from a small church set below the low cliffs at the northern end of the beach and this has an unusual bell tower standing about 3 metres to the side of the church and cut into the cliffside. Limited parking available. We have no dog information for Church Cove beach.
- Porthleven beach is next to the harbour and near the village centre. Porthleven beach is separated from the harbour by the granite pier which lies in front of the Porthleven institute and clock tower. When the tide is out it is possible to walk in an easterly direction along Porthleven beach for approximately three miles, past Loe Bar and Penrose Estate. Alternatively, you can walk along the coast path the coast path out of the village with the Porthleven beach below you. At high tide, the beach all but disappears. Excellent surfing location for intermediate to advanced surfers with a natural reef break. Best months is between September and December but you will always get a strong surfing community and on big days news will travel and may get packed. On a calm day a good location for SUP with choices of the protected harbour and the beach front. The beach is a short walk along the harbour to the village centre where you have parking, shops and a selection of cafe and pubs.
- Poldhu Cove a fine beach in a sandy cove that has sand dunes. Lovely coastal walks and excellent views. The Poldhu Wireless Station (remains can still be seen) was where Marconi sent the first transatlantic wireless signal in 1901. Beach car park and cafe.
- Bonython Estate Gardens is located on the Lizard Peninsula miodway between The Lizard and Helston. The estate includes the walled garden, the potager garden, two magnificent lakes, the hot garden, the valley garden and also a plant shop and refreshments. The gardens are open during the summer Mon-Fri excluding bank holidays.
- The Sanctuary has nursery pools, convalescence, and resident pools, and a specially designed hospital. The hospital includes isolation pools, as well as treatment and preparation areas. In addition to the Grey and Common Seals you have Fur Seals, Patagonian Sea Lions and an Arctic Hooded Seal. The Sanctuary also provides a much-needed haven for a variety of other animals, such as Otters, Sheep, Ponies and Goats. Occasionally the Sanctuary’s facilities and expertise are called upon to aid in the rescue of other marine creatures such as Dolphins and Turtles.
- Polurrian Cove a large south west facing beach with sand and fine shingle. Popular with families in summer due to its proximity to Mullion and several caravan and camping sites. This part of the coast has excellent cliff walks north along Angrouse Cliff towards Poldhu Cove and south towards Mullion Cove. Facilities include a cafe, with parking a 10 minute walk away in Mullion village.
- Mullion Cove Harbour is a working small protected harbour cmpleted in the 1890s. Whilst the village has a wonderful collection of shops, pubs, cafes, restaurants, and art galleries. In the centre of the village, the 15th century church of St Mellanus with its carved oak bench-ends depicting biblical scenes.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...