Poldhu Cove Beach
Poldhu Cove a fine beach in a sandy cove that has sand dunes. Lovely coastal walks and excellent views.
The Poldhu Wireless Station (remains can still be seen) was where Marconi sent the first transatlantic wireless signal in 1901.
Beach car park and cafe.
Poldhu Cove does not allow dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for The Lizard in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map