Central Beach (Denbighshire)
Central beach is a north facing sandy beach interspersed with rock groynes.
This beach is also popular for water sports including windsurfing and sailing. The four-mile promenade joins Central beach with the adjacent Barkby and Ffrith beaches, making a very enjoyable walk around the sandy bays. The promenade is also popular area for cycling and for walking with the North Wales Cycle Trail and the Offa’s Dyke Path both converging on the seafront.
Central Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Prestatyn Central beach has seasonal dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Prestatyn in Denbighshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...