Swallow Cottage is a holiday home located in Bideford in the Devon Region and featuring a garden with a barbecue. The property is 3.6 km from Lundy Island and boasts views of the garden. The kitchen comes with a dishwasher.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bideford in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- The Big Sheep is an all weather attraction in North Devon. The Big Sheep is a great day family day out for children and adults. There’s a brewery, garden centre, sheepy shop, the indoor playground and outdoor laser guns. With live shows throughout the day including bottle-feeding lambs, sheep shearing, duck trails and much, much more.
- Westward Ho! beach is also known as Golden Bay and for its surf and clean sand backed by a pebble ridge and grasslands which extends for about three miles merging with Sandymere beach. At low tide the many rock pools which will keep children entertained. The beach has designated surfing areas and with plenty of sea bass it attracts anglers. Lifeguards in the summer, car parking, toilets, food and deckchair hire. We have no dog information for Westward Ho! beach.
- Sandymere beach is a large sandy beach that at the southern ends joins up with Westward. A popular beach with families, surfers and is used by a number of local residential activity centres for water based sports. Parking, lifeguard in the summer, slipway. We have no dog information for Sandymere beach.
- Lifeboats started in Appledore in 1829, initially the crew manned 3 stations picking the best station for the incident. Today we now just have the one station operating two lifeboats – an inshore lifeboat (ILB) and the an all-weather lifeboat (ALB).
- Instow Beach is a long sandy beach backed by dunes on an estuary (rivers Taw and Torridge) very popular for fishing and sailing as well as other beach activities. When the tide goes out the beach becomes very large with some excellent walks. Nearby RSPB reserve and the sand dunes provide good walks. A ferry runs between Instow and Appledore during the summer. There is car parking although limited in the village and also a car park behind the dunes. Parking is limited and it is a good choice to visit via the Tarke Trail which is the old branch line. We have no dog information for Instow beach.
- Bideford Bay and Hartland, coastal area away from the crowds, an excellent location for families and sporting groups. The Bideford Bay shoreline has excellent rock-pooling. With 30 miles of footpaths (14 miles of the South West Coast Path), you have many places to discover around the Hartland Peninsula and Bideford Bay. For off-road cycling (mountain biking) and horse riding there is a fairly challenging bridleway route from East Titchberry to Exmansworthy, Hartland. The bridleway from East Titchberry to Exmansworthy offers views to Lundy and across Bideford Bay to Morte Point. Kite surfers have Westward Ho! beach with seasonal life guards.
- The RHS Rosemoor garden has something for everyone. In 26 hectares (65 acres) you have fruit and vegetables to woodland, formal gardens to wildflower meadows and water features to foliage. Often events are held and why not visit the Rosemoor Restaurant, RHS Shop and Plant Centre.
- Clovelly beach is pebble (sand at low tide) and holds a sheltered position, carved into the 400ft cliffs of this far North stretch of the Devon coast, has been a favorite Devon visitor spot for many years. If you wander down the pebble beach you get excellent estuary views and a waterfall pouring out of the cliff face down to the sea. There is a cave behind the waterfall where legend has it that the Arthurian magician, Merlin, was born. The fishing village is car free and road down to the beach from the Visitor Centre is steep. Small fishing village with 13th century quay, shops, pubs, visitor centre and cafes. We have no dog information for Clovelly beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...