Instow Beach is a long sandy beach backed by dunes on an estuary (rivers Taw and Torridge) very popular for fishing and sailing as well as other beach activities. When the tide goes out the beach becomes very large with some excellent walks.
Nearby RSPB reserve and the sand dunes provide good walks.
A ferry runs between Instow and Appledore during the summer.
There is car parking although limited in the village and also a car park behind the dunes. Parking is limited and it is a good choice to visit via the Tarke Trail which is the old branch line.
We have no dog information for Instow beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Instow Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bideford in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...