Westward Ho! Beach (Devon)
Westward Ho! beach is also known as Golden Bay and for its surf and clean sand backed by a pebble ridge and grasslands which extends for about three miles merging with Sandymere beach. At low tide the many rock pools which will keep children entertained.
The beach has designated surfing areas and with plenty of sea bass it attracts anglers.
Lifeguards in the summer, car parking, toilets, food and deckchair hire.
We have no dog information for Westward Ho! beach.
Westward Ho! Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Westward Ho! Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bideford in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...