Bigbury on Sea Beach (Devon)
Bigbury-on-Sea beach is a large sandy beach, with some shingle mix. The beach is popular with surfers, windsurfers, kitesurfers and swimmers and great for traditional children beach games with shallow water is ideal for paddling.
Just 250 yards offshore is Burgh Island, which is accessible across the causeway at low tide. Walk across at low tide or take the big-wheeled tractor ride.
Facilities include car park, shops, food, toilets.
Bigbury on Sea beach has dog restricted areas.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bigbury-on-Sea in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...