Challaborough Beach (Devon)
Challaborough beach is a popular family and surfing beach offering a predominantly left-hand point break. It has a horseshoe shaped bay with a sand bar protecting the entrance and is split by a small stream. The beach has views of Burgh Island.
Popular with for diving with several wrecks along the nearby coastline.
Facilities include disabled access, slipways and lifeguards patrol most of the year.
Challaborough Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Challaborough beach, Dogs are banned from the beach during the summer months.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bigbury-on-Sea in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...