Coryton Cove Beach (Devon)
Coryton Cove beach is an ideal family beach with gentle shelving sand/shingle and rock pools. The cove lies between the red cliffs of Dawlish and is backed by the train line.
There have been many sightings of Dolphins off this beach.
Formerly known as Gentleman’s Cove.
Coryton Cove Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Coryton Cove, Dogs not allowed May - September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Dawlish in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...