Dawlish Warren Beach (Devon)
Dawlish Warren beach is a sandy beach backed by sand dunes and small lakes, located at the west side of the River Exe that separates it from Exmouth.
The beach is popular for watersports.
The nature reserve is one of the regions protected spots with rare wildlife including flowers and birds.
Facilities include seasonal lifeguards, amusement arcades, small funfair, cafe, shops, car parking, toilets.
Dawlish Warren Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Dawlish Warren beach has dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Dawlish in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...