The Chevalier Inn (Devon)
- InformationPhone: 01392 457760
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Exeter in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- The Royal Albert Museum and Gallery collections include, Archeology, Coins and Medals, Costume and Textiles, Decorative and Applied Art, Fine Art, Natural Sciences, World Cultures, 1.5 million objects in total. Present collecting focuses largely on objects of local interest. Initially proposed by Sir Stafford Northcote as a practical memorial to Prince Albert, an appeal fund was launched in 1861 and the first phases of the building were completed by 1868. The Devon and Exeter Albert Memorial, as it was originally known, provided an integrated museum, art gallery, library, reading room, school of art and school of science in the manner long advocated by Prince Albert. In 1899 York Wing was opened by the Duke and Duchess of York, later King George V and Queen Mary, and at the same time the title of Royal Albert Memorial was granted. The building has changed little since then although the city library moved out of the Museum in 1930, the school of science ultimately developed into the University of Exeter and the school of art is now the University of Plymouth’s Faculty of Art & Education. The Museum then gradually expanded to fill the whole building. Extracts of this article taken from wikipedia.
- Rougemont Castle, also known as Exeter Castle, was first built in 1068 to help William the Conqueror maintain control over the city. It is perched on an ancient volcanic plug, overlaying remains of the Roman city of Isca Dumnoniorum. The castle is named after the red stone found in the hill, and used in the construction of the original buildings, of which only ruins remain. The castle today hosts events and is a popular wedding venue.
- Haldon Forest Park has something for abilities of cyclist with trails being graded from the more modest Family Cycle Trail and Adventure Cycle Trail, right up to red, black and double black runs for the more adrenaline mountain biking inclined. Facilities include cafe, shop and bike hire. Why not print a map before you go – available at download here
- Castle Drogo is set above the Teign Gorge at a height of nearly 300 metres with spectacuklar views over the Dartmoor National Park. As well as the castle you have formal gardens and paths through the valley and gorge. The castle facilities include cafe, gift shop and plant centre.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...