Goodrington Sands Beach (Devon)
Goodrington Sands is mainly a sandy beach and at low tide there are rock pools to explore.
During the summer season the local steam train can be seen running along the back of south sands beach.
Facilities include cafe/restaurant, beach huts, toilets, disabled visitors’ facilities and disabled access to beach, deckchair hire, pedalo hire, slipway, promenade.
Goodrington Sands Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Goodrington Sands, No dogs in the summer.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Paignton in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...