Preston Sands Beach (Devon)
Preston Sands beach is a red sandy beach and at low tide you will find rock pools at the northern end. Further along it joins Paignton promenade and Paignton Sands that stretches right along the front to Paignton Harbour.
Facilities include parking, toilets, disabled visitors’ facilities with disabled access to beach, cafe/restaurant, beach huts, deckchair hire, slipway, promenade and pier.
Preston Sands, dogs banned during the summer but exercise area provided.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Paignton in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...