Bovisand Bay Beach (Devon)
Bovisand Bay beach is a sheltered sandy bay with cliffs on either side. Popular with locals and visiting families with a large expanse of sand for ball games at low tide.
The beach is situated in a valley with a holiday park on the coast path not too far from Plymouth
Surfing beach that does not get too busy but the best time is in the winter.
Facilities at the beach are above the beach on the north side and include car parking, toilets, cafe/shop.
No dogs April to October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Plymouth in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...