Sidmouth Town Beach (Devon)
Sidmouth Town beach is a long shingle beach in the heart of Sidmouth with a wide esplanade backed by Georgian and Regency villas. If you go to the western edge then you get some sand and rock pools when the tide goes out.
You have the full facilities within Sidmouth town itself just a short walk away. Lifeguards on patrol in the summer.
We have no dog information for Sidmouth Town beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Sidmouth Town Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Sidmouth in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...