Thurlestone Sands Beach (Devon)
Thurlestone Sands is the larger of the two Thurlestone sands beaches – fine, shingle sand and sheltered waters. The southern part is also known as South Milton Sands.
This beach is very much the beach that time forgot, a family beach for traditional beach activities and games; just relax and play amongst the rock pools.
Just off the beach is Thurlestone Rock, a natural arc that gives the town its name.
The town itself is full of thatched cottages and behind the beach you have fields and a National Trust nature reserve.
You can occasionally get a south-westerly swell which produces some big surf.
Facilities include car park, cafe, shops, toilets, lifeguards in the summer.
Thurlestone Sands Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Thurlestone in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...