Babbacombe Beach (Devon)
Babbacombe beach is a small beach (sand and shingle) with rock pools set beneath the cliffs at Babbacombe Downs and is operated by a private company. The promenade on Babbacombe Downs is known as the highest in England and has spectacular views.
Popular exploring the rock pools, cliffs and walks.
Popular for diving, fishing and sailing.
Cafe/Refreshments, disabled facilities, limited parking, promenade, toilets (summer only), slipway.
We have no dog information for Babbacombe beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Babbacombe Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Torquay in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...