Oddicombe Beach (Devon)
Oddicombe is a shingle beach at the bottom of red sandstone cliffs.
The cliff top has magnificent views across the bay and to get down to the beach you will need the steep path or the cliff railway.
Facilities include promenade, Babbacombe Cliff Railway, cafe, beach huts, toilets (summer only), beach shower, disabled visitors’ facilities, deckchair and boat hire.
Oddicombe Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Oddicombe beach, No dogs in the summer.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Torquay in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...