Bournemouth Pier Beach (Dorset)
Bournemouth beach is by the name located by the pier, an all round good family sandy beach with all levels of entertainment and facilities. Some good surfing by the pier but often very crowded.
Facilities include car parks, toilets, disabled access, lifeguards between May and September, cafe and restaurants, amusements, piers (Bournemouth and Boscombe), cliff lifts, kid zones, and equipment hire (deck chairs, sun-beds, windbreaks and parasols). Beach huts, day and week hire available, all fitted with chairs and gas stove.
Bournemouth Pier Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Bournemouth Pier beach, dogs not allowed between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bournemouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...