Bistro on the Beach (Dorset)
Beach: Southbourne beach
View: A seaside eatery with great views along this lovely part of the Dorset coast and out to sea.
What’s on the menu?: A range of light snacks, refreshments and drinks with an emphasis on Greek and Mediterranean cuisinePhone: 01202 431473
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bournemouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Southbourne beach is a sandy beach with some shingle and is popular with families. Like most Bournemouth beaches the seafront is backed by a steep cliff. Facilities include lifeguards in summer months, kids zone, toilets, parking, cafe, shops, restaurant
- Beach: Boscombe Beach View: Located at the newly refurbished Overstrand on Boscombe promenade, offering panoramic views over Bournemouth Bay and to the Purbecks and beyond. What’s on the menu?: The Urban Reef has a sundeck right on the promenade, a ground floor café, bar and local produce deli and a 100 seater restaurant on the first floor and mezzanine. The café serves a selection of classic bistro dishes and refreshments to customers during the day, and at night sample the British menu with an international twist in their seaview restaurant.
- Boscombe Pier is not a traditional seaside pier. During the 1950s the original pier showed signs of decay and it was redesigned and built in a modern way. A screen runs down the centre of the pier deck against which deckchairs can be placed. This is a positive indication that British seaside resorts can be successfully revamped and modernised. Wayne and Gerardine Hemingway, took on this challenge along with the Overstrand building, a distinctive double-decker block of beach huts.
- Boscombe Pier beach is a sandy beach alongside the pier ideal for families with amusements at the pier and a short walk to town centre. Land train runs between Boscombe and Bournemouth. Suitable for water activities including windsurfing, surfing, canoeing and paddleboats. Car park, toilets, disabled Access, cafe / shop, deck chair hire, lifeguards in summer months, disabled Visitor Facilities including flat walk to town centre.
- Bournemouth’s East Cliff beach is situated between Bournemouth and Boscombe Piers and this is a great sandy family beach. Land train goes along promenade between the two piers. The East Cliff Railway or East Cliff Lift, is a funicular railway and links the seaside promenade and Bournemouth East Beach with the cliff top and the town behind. Facilities include toilets, parking, cliff lift, cafe/shops and seasonal lifeguards.
- The Russel Cotes Art Gallery and Museum is located next to the Royal Bath Hotel on East Cliff. The building itself is a Grade II listed building originally known as East Cliff Hall. East Cliff Hall was the home of Merton and Annie Russell-Cotes, designed by the architect, John Frederick Fogerty but with significant input from Merton and Annie. Buyilding started in 1897 and was completed in 1901. The house was to be a showcase, not simply for their own enjoyment, but also for the people of Bournemouth to whom it was given. As well as the resident exhibits the museum and gallery hosts ever changing exhibitions, please check the website for opening times and what is currently showing.
- Bournemouth has 7 miles of sandy beach and distributed over this seafront are 250 beach huts for hire with all huts being furnished and come with three deckchairs, a gas ring and bottle. Locations include:Alum Chine Beach Durley Chine Beach Bournemouth West and East Beach Fisherman’s Walk Beach Southbourne Beach Boscombe Beach Beach huts are available for daytime use to a maximum of six people on a daily or weekly hire basis.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...