Highcliffe Castle Beach (Dorset)
Highcliffe Castle beach is a sand and shingle beach backed by woods and Highcliffe Castle.
Limited facilities: parking, toilets and cafe in the grounds of Highcliffe Castle. Note that the parking in the woods at Highcliffe Castle can fill up early in good weather. You can park on Highcliffe cliff-top and follow the Coastal Path to the Castle and then onto the beach.
Highcliffe Castle Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Highcliffe Castle Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Christchurch in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...