Lyme Regis Town Beach (Dorset)
Lyme Regis Town beach sits is a mix of sand and pebbles. More sand exists at the harbour (The Cobb) end of the beach with pebbles on the northern end providing much needed coastal protection.
The Cobb end of Town beach is widely known as the setting for ‘The French Lieutenant’s Woman’.
Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, lifeguards in summer, multiple nearby foods kiosks, takeaways, cafes, restaurants and pubs.
Lyme Regis Town beach, dogs are only allowed on Town Beach from November to March inclusive but must be kept on the lead at all times.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Lyme Regis in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...