The Plantation (Dorset)
Located in Poole, The Plantation offers stylish accommodation with free WiFi access throughout and on-site private parking free of charge. The accommodation boasts an on-site restaurant and bar, as well as a lounge and a garden with a terrace.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Poole in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Canford Cliffs beach is a shallow sloping sandy beach, although as the tide comes in the amount of sand available is limited. The beach is below a steep sandy cliff which means you have steps to go down to get to the beach. Facilities include parking, toilets (with disabled facilities), food kiosks, and lifeguards in the summer.
- Beach: Branksome Chine Beach View: Located right on the beachfront at Branksome Chine in Poole, the restaurant has a beautiful beachside location, with panoramic sea views across Poole Bay from the Purbeck Hills, across to the Isle of Wight. What’s on the menu?: Enjoy fantastic sea views wherever you sit at Branksome Beach. With a menu celebrating the best of British cuisine and using the best local produce. Open for breakfast and afternoon tea too. Fully licensed bar.
- Harbour Sandbanks beach is a prime location for launching watersports into the harbour. You can see many windsurfers and kite surfers blasting in sometimes very shallow water. Facilities include parking on the road (need to be early), shops, food and toilets a short walk.
- Our Jetski Safari starts with a safety briefing and instruction before taking to the water. Once on the water the Instructor will give you further instruction to get you comfortable with both driving the Jetski and your surroundings. Once comfortable and feeling in control you will be led on a guided safari by an Instructor, during which you will experience the performance of our jetski both within Poole Harbour and out on the open sea along the Jurassic Coastline.
- Beach: Sandbanks beach View: Situated on the award-winning Sandbanks beach with stunning views of the bay. What’s on the menu?: A bright modern café serving homemade food such as seaside classics, salads, quiches, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Cakes baked freshly every day. Fully licensed bar.
- Sandbanks beach on the Sandbanks Peninsular is a large sandy beach ideal for those looking to relax and those that want a more active beach. This is a very active beach with a wide (seasonal) selection of watersports available including parascending, inflatables, kayaks, jet-ski hire to name just a few. Sandbanks Peninsular is probably becoming more known for the large expensive beachfront houses than it’s beach but the beach is good. The Poole harbour side of Sandbanks Peninsular is very popular with sailing and windsurfing where the large expansive of shallow flat water provides excellent conditions for beginners or the more experienced. If this is a little too busy, you could always take the chain ferry over the Poole harbour entrance to Studland for less built up beaches. Facilities include large car parks and on-road parking, toilets (disabled facilities), showers, food kiosk, cafe, and lifeguards in the summer.
- Brownsea Island offers a varied and beautiful landscape for enjoying the wonders of nature; from the patchworks of woodland, heath and grassy fields in the peaceful and secluded interior, to the cliffs and beaches of the coastline, which offer breathtaking views across the harbour to the Purbeck Hills. No motor vehicles exist on Brownsea Island making it the perfect place to relax. For the more energetic it is possible to explore the island on foot or you can just find a remote spot an enjoy a nice picnic.
- Beach: Shell Bay beach, Studland View: Located right on the edge of the Isle of Purbeck, overlooking Brownsea Island, the waters of Poole Harbour and Sandbanks. What’s on the menu?: Light snacks served bistro-style during the day and a full menu with a seafood Mediterranean influence can be enjoyed in the restaurant at night.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...