Sandbanks beach on the Sandbanks Peninsular is a large sandy beach ideal for those looking to relax and those that want a more active beach. This is a very active beach with a wide (seasonal) selection of watersports available including parascending, inflatables, kayaks, jet-ski hire to name just a few.
Sandbanks Peninsular is probably becoming more known for the large expensive beachfront houses than it’s beach but the beach is good.
The Poole harbour side of Sandbanks Peninsular is very popular with sailing and windsurfing where the large expansive of shallow flat water provides excellent conditions for beginners or the more experienced.
If this is a little too busy, you could always take the chain ferry over the Poole harbour entrance to Studland for less built up beaches.
Facilities include large car parks and on-road parking, toilets (disabled facilities), showers, food kiosk, cafe, and lifeguards in the summer.
Sandbanks Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Sandbanks Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Poole in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map