Kimmeridge Bay Beach (Dorset)
Kimmeridge Bay is part of the Jurassic Coast. This is not a sandy beach but a mixture of sand, pebbles, boulders and shale. Although not sandy it does offer swimming and excellent rock pools. Rocky limestone reefs make the area a key habitat and the bay is a designated Marine Nature Reserve and exhibitions of local marine wildlife at the Marine Centre.
The sheltered bay gives a good watersports location such as scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and surfing.
Access is via a private toll road. Facilities include parking, toilets, ice-cream van on hot days and Village facilities approx. 20 minute walk.
Kimmeridge Bay Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Swanage in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...