Shell Bay Beach (Dorset)
Shell Bay beach is the first beach on the Studland Peninsula, Isle of Purbeck, at the mouth of Poole Harbour.
From Shell Beach you have the wide sweeping Studland Bay and the Studland National Nature Reserve. You can also take a pedestrian ferry to Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour.
There is a designated naturist area between Shell Bay and Knoll Beach.
Facilities include parking, toilets, restaurant and Cafe.
Shell Bay beach, Dogs allowed but on a lead 1 May to 30 Sept
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Swanage in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...