Weymouth Bay Holiday Park
Weymouth Bay is a Haven Holiday Park located just outside of Weymouth in Dorset.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weymouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Fantasy Island is an amusement park within Bowleaze Cove and provides entertainment for the whole family. Fantasy Island has a wide range of rides including spinning tea pot, big wheel, helter skelter, bumper cars, flying elephants, and amusement arcade. Entry is free and you then pay for individual rides or can by a wrist band that gives unlimited use for set periods.
- Bowleaze Cove beach is a sand and shingle beach backed by cliffs and is at the eastern end of the long beach stretch within Weymouth Bay. When the tide comes in the sand disappears and you are left with just pebbles but you can make use of the grass area behind the beach or head into Fantasy Island Amusement Park. This is a great location as it is a dog-friendly beach but you are also close to all the facilities of Weymouth itself. The beach has a slipway that is mainly used by jetskiers and the water has zoned areas to keep waters crafts and swimmers apart. Facilities include car parking, shop, cafe, pub, amusement park and slipway.
- Beach: Overcome (Furzy Cliff) beach View: Sit outside when sunny on the patio and enjoy views over the bay and across to Weymouth and Portland. What’s on the menu?: A fashionable café bar serving breakfast, light snacks and hot and cold drinks during the day and fresh Mediterranean style food during the evening.
- Lodmoor beach is in Weymouth bay some 1 mile (1.6km) east of Weymouth town centre and the beach is backed by the Lodmoor nature reserve. This is a Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) nature reserve, composed of reed bed, salt marsh, wet grassland and open water, and is separated from Weymouth Bay by Lodmoor beach. Parking and food available.
- Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park & Marine Sanctuary is unique among the network of SEA LIFE attractions in that its numerous marine life exhibitions are housed – not under one roof – but in separate pods within a landscape that also hosts a number of other outdoor features. The latter includes otter and seal sanctuaries, and the Park’s resident colony of Humboldt penguins. Indoor displays include the Tropical Shark Nursery, teeming with black-tip, bonnet head and other species of sharks; the spectacular Turtle Sanctuary with its amazing OceanTank; and one of the first National Seahorse Breeding and Conservation Centres.
- Weymouth beach with its golden sands is one of the best family beaches along the South Coast. The long curving bay makes Weymouth Dorset’s main holiday town. The main beach is within the town boundaries and backed by elegant Georgian terraces. Weymouth was a small fishing village until King George III visited in 1789 and kept coming back to get the sea air. Don’t worry it is not all old as Weymouth has been updating itself whilst keeping the character, there’s something for everyone in Weymouth and on Weymouth Beach. During the summer months lifeguards patrol, Punch and Judy to amuse the children, donkeys, and the famous sand modeller still amazes the crowds with his original creations. Swingboats,, trampolines, carousels and a helter skelter add to the colourful scene and snacks, ice creams and all manner of shops, cafe and restaurants
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...