Bowleaze Cove Beach (Dorset)
Bowleaze Cove beach is a sand and shingle beach backed by cliffs and is at the eastern end of the long beach stretch within Weymouth Bay. When the tide comes in the sand disappears and you are left with just pebbles but you can make use of the grass area behind the beach or head into Fantasy Island Amusement Park.
This is a great location as it is a dog-friendly beach but you are also close to all the facilities of Weymouth itself.
The beach has a slipway that is mainly used by jetskiers and the water has zoned areas to keep waters crafts and swimmers apart.
Facilities include car parking, shop, cafe, pub, amusement park and slipway.
Bowleaze Cove Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weymouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...