Weymouth beach with its golden sands is one of the best family beaches along the South Coast. The long curving bay makes Weymouth Dorset’s main holiday town. The main beach is within the town boundaries and backed by elegant Georgian terraces. Weymouth was a small fishing village until King George III visited in 1789 and kept coming back to get the sea air.
Don’t worry it is not all old as Weymouth has been updating itself whilst keeping the character, there’s something for everyone in Weymouth and on Weymouth Beach.
During the summer months lifeguards patrol, Punch and Judy to amuse the children, donkeys, and the famous sand modeller still amazes the crowds with his original creations. Swingboats,, trampolines, carousels and a helter skelter add to the colourful scene and snacks, ice creams and all manner of shops, cafe and restaurants
Weymouth Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Weymouth Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weymouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...