Ballywalter beach is actually two beaches but it is the long south Read more [...]
Lighthouse Island Information
A light station was established on Lighthouse Island in the early 18th century and a lighthouse built in 1815. It has been inactive since 1884 when the lighthouse was abandoned in favour of the Mew Island Lighthouse, but the ruined stump of the 16 m (52 ft) stone tower remains. The ruins of the keeper’s house have been rebuilt to house a bird observatory.
The island is managed by the National Trust, although not generally open to the public, weekend and day bird watching trips can be arranged.
Lighthouse Island Reviews