Sewerby Grange (East Riding of Yorkshire)
Dating to 1865, Sewerby Grange is a charming grade II listed hotel with spacious, classically styled rooms and an award-winning restaurant. With free Wi-Fi and free parking, it is 2 miles from Bridlington’s seafront.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bridlington in East Riding of Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Bridlington North Promenade stretches for 2 miles from the North Harbour Wall up to Limekiln Lane. Land train runs along the promenade. Facilities include car parking, cafe, shops, promenade, children’s paddling pool, deck chair/chalet hire and with lifeguards in summer in marked areas.
- Danes Dyke is a beach near Flamborough, Bridlington. The beach sits at the end of Danes Dyke, a local Nature Reserve that takes its name from the ancient ditch and bank earthwork, which runs through the reserve. This is not just about the beach but some excellent walks through the woodland. If the tide is out the beach is flat and sandy, with like most beaches in the area a pebble and rock area closer to the cliffs. Access to the beach can be gained by walking from the Danes Dyke car park.
- The South Promenade at Bridlington stretches 2 miles from the Harbour South Wall to the Boat Compound. Land train along the promenade. Facilities include car parking, cafe, shops, promenade, childrens paddling pool, deck chair and chalet hire. Lifeguards in summer in marked areas.
- Flamborough lifeboat station was established in 1871 but went through a major rebuild in the early 1990’s, with the station now operating an inshore lifeboat. The station is open to the public during the summer and has a gift shop. Originally Flamborough had two stations this one at South Landing and one at North Landing. This strategic positioning on either side of the Flamborough headland allowed launches regardless of the weather conditions. You can still see the de-commissioned station at North Landing.
- South Landing beach is on the south side of the Flamborough Headland near Bridlington. South Landing beach is a curving sandy and pebble beach under cliffs. A great family beach where you can play traditional beach games, picnic and explore the rock pools. The surrounding woodland and Flamborough cliffs are great to explore and observe a wide selection of sea birds. Facilities include car parking and toilets.
- Thornwick Bay is a beautiful bay located on the Yorkshire Coastline at Flamborough Head near Bridlington. The bay does not have much sand and is a mix of shingle, pebbles and flint under some magnificent cliffs. You also have the smaller bay of Little Thornwick Bay and it is possible to walk between both beaches at low tide and a natural amphitheatre exists with many rock pools. The Flamborough headland around here is full of caves, the 3 largest are Smugglers Cave which is the largest on the East coast of England, Church Cave and Thornwick Cave. Although the beach has a spectacular and beautiful setting, many people visit not just for the beach and rock pools but to enjoy the cliff top walks, where you get to see the seabirds including Puffins, Guillemots and Kittiwakes. Fishing and scuba diving is popular in and around the bay, with maritime records showing 100s of wrecks within the bay area, although you need to be careful as you can have some strong currents. Thornwick Bay is reached from the cafe where you have the only facilities, parking and good food. You also have the large Hoseasons Thornwick Bay caravan park located on the headland.
- Where can I stay ...
- Thornwick Bay Holiday Village has great facilities, an indoor swimming pool with waterslide, and lots of other family activities:Indoor swimming pool with fun features and slide Adventure trail and play areas Lighthouse bar and restaurant with terrace Spectacular clifftop walks around the Flamborough headland Kite flying and bird watching sessions Family entertainment from the Thornwick Bay Theatre CompanyThe park has a range of modern, well-equipped caravans with a choice of layouts to suit every family and budget. These include Standard and Deluxe models which include extra features such as central heating, double glazing and a 32″ TV. Our newer Prestige models benefit from even more features, such as a dishwasher, 40″ TV in the lounge and a 22″ TV in the master bedroom. If you want something other than caravans then our comfort chalets are a great option.
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...