Bayle Museum (East Riding of Yorkshire)
In the 14th Century the Bayle was the Gatehouse to Bridlington Priory. Today the Bayle is a Grade I listed Building and it’s exhibits frequently change.
Access to the museum is via two staircases, one of these being a stone spiral with rope handrail.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bridlington in East Riding of Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Bridlington North Promenade stretches for 2 miles from the North Harbour Wall up to Limekiln Lane. Land train runs along the promenade. Facilities include car parking, cafe, shops, promenade, children’s paddling pool, deck chair/chalet hire and with lifeguards in summer in marked areas.
- The South Promenade at Bridlington stretches 2 miles from the Harbour South Wall to the Boat Compound. Land train along the promenade. Facilities include car parking, cafe, shops, promenade, childrens paddling pool, deck chair and chalet hire. Lifeguards in summer in marked areas.
- Wilsthorpe beach is part of a long stretch of sand just to the south of Bridlington on the Yorkshire Coast. This sandy beach is backed by sand dunes and low cliffs and as the tide goes out you get a flat expanse of golden sand which is ideal for taking long walks or water sports. These flat sands make it popular with power kiting and kite buggying. Facilities include shops, cafe, campsite, caravan Park, slipway.
- Danes Dyke is a beach near Flamborough, Bridlington. The beach sits at the end of Danes Dyke, a local Nature Reserve that takes its name from the ancient ditch and bank earthwork, which runs through the reserve. This is not just about the beach but some excellent walks through the woodland. If the tide is out the beach is flat and sandy, with like most beaches in the area a pebble and rock area closer to the cliffs. Access to the beach can be gained by walking from the Danes Dyke car park.
- Flamborough lifeboat station was established in 1871 but went through a major rebuild in the early 1990’s, with the station now operating an inshore lifeboat. The station is open to the public during the summer and has a gift shop. Originally Flamborough had two stations this one at South Landing and one at North Landing. This strategic positioning on either side of the Flamborough headland allowed launches regardless of the weather conditions. You can still see the de-commissioned station at North Landing.
- South Landing beach is on the south side of the Flamborough Headland near Bridlington. South Landing beach is a curving sandy and pebble beach under cliffs. A great family beach where you can play traditional beach games, picnic and explore the rock pools. The surrounding woodland and Flamborough cliffs are great to explore and observe a wide selection of sea birds. Facilities include car parking and toilets.
- Bempton Cliffs is great for families with access to see more than 200,000 birds (from April to August) on the white cliffs. Specially-created cliff top viewpoints are wheelchair accessible with care. Species include gannets, guillemots, razorbills, kittiwakes and fulmars. Dogs allowed but must be kept on lead.
- Where can I stay ...
- Thornwick Bay Holiday Village has great facilities, an indoor swimming pool with waterslide, and lots of other family activities:Indoor swimming pool with fun features and slide Adventure trail and play areas Lighthouse bar and restaurant with terrace Spectacular clifftop walks around the Flamborough headland Kite flying and bird watching sessions Family entertainment from the Thornwick Bay Theatre CompanyThe park has a range of modern, well-equipped caravans with a choice of layouts to suit every family and budget. These include Standard and Deluxe models which include extra features such as central heating, double glazing and a 32″ TV. Our newer Prestige models benefit from even more features, such as a dishwasher, 40″ TV in the lounge and a 22″ TV in the master bedroom. If you want something other than caravans then our comfort chalets are a great option.
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...