Brighton Beach (East Sussex)
Brighton beach is a long pebble beach attached to a vibrant town on the south coast under an hour’s journey from London. Although not one of the prettiest beaches in the UK it boasts an excellent location within Brighton and Hove.
As one of the best entertainment stretches in the UK you have plenty to do in the day and also at night with pier, seaside arcades, funfairs and the classic Regency architecture of Brighton itself.
The historic seafront Volks Electric Railway runs all the way to Brighton Marina from Brighton Pier regularly during the Summer season.
If you include Brighton and Hove Beach you have nearly 11km of the seafront.
Facilities are wide ranged as would expect: toilets, cafe, restaurants and bars, Brighton Pier, promenade, seaside arcades, funfair, electric railway, entertainment, beach volleyball.
Brighton Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Brighton beach has dogs restrictions in place between May 1st and September 30th.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Brighton in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...