Saltdean Beach (East Sussex)
Saltdean beach is shingle between rock groynes backed by high chalk cliffs and at low tide, you have rock pools to explore. Located approximately 5 miles to the East of Brighton.
Due to the coastal erosion on this part of the coast you have a lot of concrete defences visible, so this is not a beach to get back to nature on. The concrete does provide some flat accessible under cliffs walks.
The beach has a few entrance places with parking or you have road parking, summer lifeguards, beach huts, cafe, toilets.
Saltdean Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Saltdean beach has dogs restrictions in place between May 1st and September 30th.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Brighton in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...