The Bucket and Spade Beach Cafe (East Sussex)
Beach: Brighton Beach
View: Situated right on the seafront, next to West Pier
What’s on the menu?: Burgers, snacks & drinks served throughout the day.
And something else…Great choice of vegetarian food.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Brighton in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 6th July 2019-7th July 2019Paddle Round the Pier is a FREE beach festival located at Hove Lawns and features the very best in water, street and urban sports, live music and family entertainment. Paddle has always appealed to surfers and water-sports enthusiasts, with all the usual suspects from Surfing, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Stand-up Paddle Boarding and Kitesurfing. With so much fantastic fun to be had with great prizes and a chance to try things for yourself on our 20 meter long demo pool.
- The Brighton West Pier, opened in 1866. Now derelict and neglected for many years, the future hangs in the balance, its only chance of survival depending upon English Heritage’s alternative and less costly proposal to restore the pier back to its original 1860s appearance, without the theatre and concert hall. Due to the weather the appearance of the pier is constantly changing and may not reflect the pictures in the gallery.
- Brighton beach is a long pebble beach attached to a vibrant town on the south coast under an hour’s journey from London. Although not one of the prettiest beaches in the UK it boasts an excellent location within Brighton and Hove. As one of the best entertainment stretches in the UK you have plenty to do in the day and also at night with pier, seaside arcades, funfairs and the classic Regency architecture of Brighton itself. The historic seafront Volks Electric Railway runs all the way to Brighton Marina from Brighton Pier regularly during the Summer season. If you include Brighton and Hove Beach you have nearly 11km of the seafront. Facilities are wide ranged as would expect: toilets, cafe, restaurants and bars, Brighton Pier, promenade, seaside arcades, funfair, electric railway, entertainment, beach volleyball.
- The Brighton Clock Tower (also known as the Jubilee Clock Tower) is a Grade II listed free-standing clock tower in the centre of Brighton. Built in 1888 in commemoration of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee, the distinctive structure included innovative structural features and became a landmark in the popular and fashionable seaside resort.
- At Lucky Beach Cafe we serve local sourced food and drink in our fishermans arch situated between the 2 piers overlooking Brighton beach What’s on the menu?: Breakfasts, sandwiches & burgers. Fully licensed. Open all year round and check our website as we frequently hold events on the beach.
- Brighton Theatre Royal was opened on 27 June 1807 after the Prince of Wales gave Royal Assent for the theatre to be built. Today this grade II listed building is one of the oldest working theatres in the UK with a fine example of a regency auditorium.
- The Brighton Royal Pavilion is a former royal residence. It was built in three campaigns, beginning in 1787, as a seaside retreat for George, Prince of Wales, from 1811 Prince Regent. It is often referred to as the Brighton Pavilion. It is built in the Indo-Saracenic style prevalent in India for most of the 19th century, with the most extravagant chinoiserie interiors ever executed in the British Isles.
- Brighton Museum and Art Gallery is situated in the Pavilion Gardens. The museum and art gallery occupied its current situation in the building in 1902. The museum galleries include 20th Century Art & Design, and Fashion & clothes from the 18th century to the present day. Also many collections of art, paintings, drawings and prints from all over the world.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...