Birling Gap Beach (East Sussex)
Birling Gap is a beautiful pebble beach set below the dramatic backdrop of the Seven Sisters chalk cliffs.
The beach is good for hunting fossils in the chalk on the beach or exploring the low tide rock pools.
The beach is managed by the National Trust and you also have large grass areas to explore along the cliff tops.
Pay and display National Trust car park (free for members), Birling Gap cafe, toilets, shop. Please be aware that you have 50 steps to gain access to the beach from the cliff top car park and facilities.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Birling Gap Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Eastbourne in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...