Auto Marine The Jetski Centre (East Sussex)
- InformationPhone: 01323 761500
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Eastbourne in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 13th August 2020-16th August 2020The Eastbourne Airshow offers a free seafront viewing area with a varied programme of flying over the 4 days along with a weekend evening flying event and fireworks. The packed flying programme starts at lunchtime each day and ends around 5pm. Eastbourne also offers a lot of ground attractions during the event which typically opens at 10am each day.
- Alfriston Clergy House is a medieval thatched cottage dating from the 14th Century. It’s in a perfect setting overlooking the River Cuckmere and the Judas Tree in the gardens sets the peaceful ambience. It was the first house that the National Trust saved and even has the original chalk and sour milk floor in the hallway. There are a variety of events hosted here including tours by the gardener of the gorgeous English garden and family trails and theme days. Visitors enjoy browsing in the gift shop where they sell jam, cards, gifts and stationery.Parking Toilets (car park) Pushchair friendly Groups welcome Braille guides Sensory experience
- Eastbourne’s first council was established in 1883 when the town was incorporated as a municipal borough under the Municipal Corporations Act of 1882. The town’s first Mayor was Mr Alderman G A Wallis. The construction of a Town Hall soon followed when the foundation stone was laid by Lord Edward Cavendish on 9th October 1884. The building was opened by the Mayor, Mr Alderman G Boulton, on 20th October 1886.
- Pevensey Castle was build as a coastal defence fortress.In the 4th century one of the last and strongest of the Roman ‘Saxon Shore’ forts. In the 1250s the towered bailey wall was constructed. Strengthened to face the threat of the Spanish Armada in 1588. World War II, pillboxes and machine gun posts were cunningly camouflaged among its ancient walls.
- Eastbourne’s Redoubt Fortress was built between 1804 and 1810 to support the associated Martello Towers in defending against the threat of an invasion by Napoleon. Now a military museum contains military collections of The Royal Sussex Regiment, The Queen’s Royal Irish Hussars, the Sussex Combined Services. In addition the museum also features displays on the History of the British Army, the Life of the Redoubt display and a model of the Redoubt Fortress.
- Beach: Eastbourne Beach View: Located right on the beachfront, with stunning views overlooking the beach and sea What’s on the menu?: Mediterranean cuisine in New England style décor And something else…. They have seating indoors and out for over 200 people.
- Eastbourne is a traditional British seaside resort with pier, bandstand, promenade and famed floral carpet gardens. The east beach stretches from the Pier to Redoubt Fortress and is a shingle beach which has sandy stretches at mid to low tide. Deck chair and beach hut hire, lifeguards, first aid, kidzone wristbands, showers, refreshments, children entertainers and a slipway are among the many facilities.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...