P.D Power Boat Training (East Sussex)
- InformationPhone: 07881 901948
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Eastbourne in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th July 2019-18th July 2019The Eastbourne Airshow offers a free seafront viewing area with a varied programme of flying over the 4 days along with a weekend evening flying event and fireworks. The packed flying programme starts at lunchtime each day and ends around 5pm. Eastbourne also offers a lot of ground attractions during the event which typically opens at 10am each day.
- Beach: Eastbourne Beach View: Located right on the beachfront, with stunning views overlooking the beach and sea What’s on the menu?: Mediterranean cuisine in New England style décor And something else…. They have seating indoors and out for over 200 people.
- Eastbourne’s Redoubt Fortress was built between 1804 and 1810 to support the associated Martello Towers in defending against the threat of an invasion by Napoleon. Now a military museum contains military collections of The Royal Sussex Regiment, The Queen’s Royal Irish Hussars, the Sussex Combined Services. In addition the museum also features displays on the History of the British Army, the Life of the Redoubt display and a model of the Redoubt Fortress.
- Eastbourne is a traditional British seaside resort with pier, bandstand, promenade and famed floral carpet gardens. The east beach stretches from the Pier to Redoubt Fortress and is a shingle beach which has sandy stretches at mid to low tide. Deck chair and beach hut hire, lifeguards, first aid, kidzone wristbands, showers, refreshments, children entertainers and a slipway are among the many facilities.
- Pevensey Bay beach is shingle beach with groynes to protect from erosion. This is a popular windsurfing and kitesurfing beach with easy access and a car park right on the beach front. Parking, toilets, shops. We have no dog information for Pevensey Bay beach.
- Work on the Eastbourne pier began on 16 April 1866 and it was opened by Lord Edward Cavendish on 13 June 1870, although it was not actually completed until two years later. On New Years Day 1877 the landward half was swept away in a storm. It was rebuilt at a higher level, creating a drop towards the end of the pier. The pier is effectively built on stilts that rest in cups on the sea-bed allowing the whole structure to move during rough weather. It is roughly 300 metres (1000 ft) long. During World War II the decking was removed and machine guns were installed in the theatre providing a useful point from where to repel any attempted enemy landings. The pier features a camera obscura which existed in Victorian times but was restored in 2003. A number of traditional pier theatres were built over the years but after the last one was destroyed by fire in 1970 it was replaced by a nightclub and bar which remain to this day. On the landward half of the pier stands a fish and chip kiosk, an amusement arcade and a fast food outlet. Further out as well as the club there is a cafe, a restaurant, shops and fishing platform. The tower at the end of the pier (often used as a viewing point during the annual air show) contains one of the earliest camera obscuras ever made. In May 2009 the Listed building status of the Pier was upgraded from Grade II to Grade II*
- Pevensey Castle was build as a coastal defence fortress.In the 4th century one of the last and strongest of the Roman ‘Saxon Shore’ forts. In the 1250s the towered bailey wall was constructed. Strengthened to face the threat of the Spanish Armada in 1588. World War II, pillboxes and machine gun posts were cunningly camouflaged among its ancient walls.
- Eastbourne is a traditional British seaside resort with pier, bandstand, promenade and famed floral carpet gardens. Very popular shingle beach which has sandy stretches at mid to low tide. From the Wish Tower to the Pier the main resort beaches offers clean bathing water and safe bathing zone. Water sports, children’s theme parks, mini golf, gardens, a Victorian Pier, Napoleonic fortress, leisure pool, Sovereign Harbour, Dotto Train, boat trips to Beachy Head and a 1930’s Bandstand are just a few of the attractions along Eastbourne seafront. Deck chair and beach hut hire, lifeguards, first aid, kidzone wristbands, showers, refreshments, children entertainers and a slipway are among the many facilities.
- Eastbourne Seafront has a number of beaches that offer slightly different experiences for the eastbourne visitor. Watersports including windsurfing and kayaking. Parking, toilets, showers, lifeguards, promenade, pier, restaurants, cafes, shops, beach huts, cabins, rentals (sun loungers, deckchairs), kidzsafe wristband scheme, children’s attractions and amusements. We have no dog information for Eastbourne Seafront beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...