Long Man of Wilmington (East Sussex)
The Long Man of Wilmington is a hill figure on the slopes of Windover Hill near Wilmington, East Sussex, to the northwest of Eastbourne.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Eastbourne in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 15th July 2019-18th July 2019The Eastbourne Airshow offers a free seafront viewing area with a varied programme of flying over the 4 days along with a weekend evening flying event and fireworks. The packed flying programme starts at lunchtime each day and ends around 5pm. Eastbourne also offers a lot of ground attractions during the event which typically opens at 10am each day.
- Alfriston Clergy House is a medieval thatched cottage dating from the 14th Century. It’s in a perfect setting overlooking the River Cuckmere and the Judas Tree in the gardens sets the peaceful ambience. It was the first house that the National Trust saved and even has the original chalk and sour milk floor in the hallway. There are a variety of events hosted here including tours by the gardener of the gorgeous English garden and family trails and theme days. Visitors enjoy browsing in the gift shop where they sell jam, cards, gifts and stationery.Parking Toilets (car park) Pushchair friendly Groups welcome Braille guides Sensory experience
- Birling Gap is a beautiful pebble beach set below the dramatic backdrop of the Seven Sisters chalk cliffs. The beach is good for hunting fossils in the chalk on the beach or exploring the low tide rock pools. The beach is managed by the National Trust and you also have large grass areas to explore along the cliff tops. Pay and display National Trust car park (free for members), Birling Gap cafe, toilets, shop. Please be aware that you have 50 steps to gain access to the beach from the cliff top car park and facilities.
- Eastbourne’s first council was established in 1883 when the town was incorporated as a municipal borough under the Municipal Corporations Act of 1882. The town’s first Mayor was Mr Alderman G A Wallis. The construction of a Town Hall soon followed when the foundation stone was laid by Lord Edward Cavendish on 9th October 1884. The building was opened by the Mayor, Mr Alderman G Boulton, on 20th October 1886.
- Eastbourne’s Redoubt Fortress was built between 1804 and 1810 to support the associated Martello Towers in defending against the threat of an invasion by Napoleon. Now a military museum contains military collections of The Royal Sussex Regiment, The Queen’s Royal Irish Hussars, the Sussex Combined Services. In addition the museum also features displays on the History of the British Army, the Life of the Redoubt display and a model of the Redoubt Fortress.
- Eastbourne beach has a two options for casual daily and weekly rental of beach huts.Traditional beach huts in the main resort beach next to the lifeguards, these have no utilities but do have 2 deckchairs and access to free beach showers Modern looking iconic beach huts located on Marine Parade and facilities include kitchenette, electricity (pay meter) and running water
- Eastbourne is a traditional British seaside resort with pier, bandstand, promenade and famed floral carpet gardens. Very popular shingle beach which has sandy stretches at mid to low tide. From the Wish Tower to the Pier the main resort beaches offers clean bathing water and safe bathing zone. Water sports, children’s theme parks, mini golf, gardens, a Victorian Pier, Napoleonic fortress, leisure pool, Sovereign Harbour, Dotto Train, boat trips to Beachy Head and a 1930’s Bandstand are just a few of the attractions along Eastbourne seafront. Deck chair and beach hut hire, lifeguards, first aid, kidzone wristbands, showers, refreshments, children entertainers and a slipway are among the many facilities.
- Eastbourne is a traditional British seaside resort with pier, bandstand, promenade and famed floral carpet gardens. The east beach stretches from the Pier to Redoubt Fortress and is a shingle beach which has sandy stretches at mid to low tide. Deck chair and beach hut hire, lifeguards, first aid, kidzone wristbands, showers, refreshments, children entertainers and a slipway are among the many facilities.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...