Blue Reef Aquarium (East Sussex)
Blue Reef Aquarium gives you close encounters with seahorses, native sharks, giant octopus and hundreds of amazing aquatic creatures. At the aquarium’s heart is a giant ocean display with walk through underwater tunnel.Phone: 01424 718776
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Hastings in East Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- The Hastings Fishermen’s Museum is within a church built on the Stade in 1852, which fell out of use after the Second World War. In 1956 local people concerned about preserving the maritime history of Hastings took over the old Fishermen’s Church. They knocked down part of a wall and pulled inside one of the last of the luggers (sailing fishing boats), the Enterprise. All around it are many models, photos, paintings, nets, ropes and a wide variety of other fishing artifacts.
- Smugglers Adventure, underground caverns to explore Hastings smuggling, bootlegging and gangland past, a themed experience with life-size figures, you’ll walk through a tunnel once used by smugglers. Smugglers Adventure and Hastings Castle and 1066 Story are located on the West Hill. Although limited Pay and Display parking is available on the hill, we advise customers to park in a more easily accessible car park on the seafront.
- Hastings Castle, before or immediately after landing in England in 1066 William of Normandy ordered three fortifications to be built, Pevensey Castle in September 1066, Hastings (before the Battle of Hastings) and Dover, a few days after the battle. Hastings Castle was originally built as a motte-and-bailey castle near the shore. In 1070 William had issued orders for the Castle to be rebuilt in stone, along with the St Mary’s Chapel.
- Ten Past Two Windsurfing has been a family business since 1992. New Windsurfing boards, Sails, Booms, Masts, Extensions, Deck plates, Fins, Harness lines, Harnesses, Soft wear like boots shoes wetsuits helmets, and Board bags, Travel bags, Quiver bags… We also have a range of secondhand equipment.
- Alexandra Park is a public park originally planned out by Robert Marnock and occupies approximately 109 acres (0.44 km2). It was formally opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales on 26 June 1882. The park features several small water reservoirs that provide popular locations for leisure fishing within the town. The lower area of the park has several public facilities including a boating lake, war memorial, bowls green, information point, toilets, café, events areas, bandstand and adventure playground. The park hosts the annual Hastings Beer and Music Festival, which takes place in July. In addition, the open air bandstand is used for various band concerts throughout the summer months.
- Victoria Chalets are located at Marina on St Leonards beach. These ten seasonal wooden chalets are available for weekly hire from March – September. Hire starts at 14:00 on the commencing Saturday and terminates at 11:30 noon on the vacating Saturday.Beach huts should only be used during the hours of daylight and should never be used for overnight accommodation.
- St. Leonards beach is shingle and sand as the tide goes out. The town of St. Leonards-on-Sea is full of Regency houses and is joined to Hastings. Car parking, toilets, cafes, bars and restaurants short walk and seasonal lifeguards on the Marina beach stretch. We have no dog information for St Leonards beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...