Clacton Beach (Essex)
Clacton (Clacton-on-Sea) is the largest town on the Tendring Peninsula, in Essex, a seaside resort that popularity increased due to its close, day-trip possible, proximity to London.
Clacton has a selection of sandy beaches, watersports, a Victorian pier, amusements, fun fair, pubs, clubs, cafes and restaurants.
The famous Clacton Air Show attracts in excess of 90,000 visitors over two August days. The show site extends along Clacton’s seafront with a line up of catering, trade stands and amusement. Both days have a great flying programme.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Clacton Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Clacton-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...