Dovercourt Bay Beach
Dovercourt Bay beach is a sand and shingle beach that gently shelves into the sea. A popular family beach with activities and amusements to keep the children happy.
Dovercourt is well known for being the location for Maplins Holiday Park in the 1980’s BBC sitcom Hi-De-Hi.
Facilities include cafe, restaurant, shops, beach huts, car parking, toilets, disabled facilities including access to beach, slipway, promenade.
Dovercourt Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Dovercourt Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Harwich in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map