Dovercourt Bay Beach (Essex)
Dovercourt Bay beach is a sand and shingle beach that gently shelves into the sea. A popular family beach with activities and amusements to keep the children happy.
Dovercourt is well known for being the location for Maplins Holiday Park in the 1980’s BBC sitcom Hi-De-Hi.
Facilities include cafe, restaurant, shops, beach huts, car parking, toilets, disabled facilities including access to beach, slipway, promenade.
Dovercourt Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Dovercourt Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Harwich in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...