West Mersea Beach (Essex)
West Mersea beach is on the small Island of Mersea in Essex. The beach is a sand and pebble mix backed by some grass areas and colourful beach huts.
You have a couple of holiday parks along this stretch of beach which can make the beach a little busy, although you can take a walk along the coast to find quieter stretches.
Parking, toilets, beach huts, beach cafe, grass areas and small children’s playarea.
We have no dog information for West Mersea beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for West Mersea Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Mersea Island in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...