Chalkwell Beach is a sandy beach with groynes backed by a grassy area and the beach has a seawater paddling pool.
Chalkwell is part of the long Southend-on-Sea seafront, sitting towards the Western end and is less busy than the stretches near the pier.
Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, cafes and kiosks. Chalkwell train station marks the end of the Southend seafront and is just a five-minute walk away
Chalkwell Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Chalkwell beach, No dogs are allowed on Southend beaches between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...