Shoebury Common Beach (Essex)
Shoebury Common Beach is a shingle beach that overlooks the Thames Estuary and is bounded to the East by the land formerly occupied by the Shoeburyness Artillery Barracks.
The beach is on the eastern end of the long continuous Southend seafront, backed by a promenade with beach huts.
Facilities include parking, toilets, cafe, beach huts and promenade.
Shoebury Common Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Shoebury Common beach, No dogs are allowed on Southend beaches between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...