Thorpe Bay Beach (Essex)
Thorpe Bay beach is a sand/pebble beach, groynes, tidal paddling pool and is backed by a promenade.
The beach is part of the long Southend-on-Sea seafront and is popular with all watersports.
Facilities include parking, toilets, cafes, restaurants and a promenade.
Thorpe Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Thorpe Bay beach, No dogs are allowed on Southend's beaches between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...