Three Shells Beach (Essex)
Three Shells beach is a sandy beach in the middle of Southend-on-Sea by the pier.
Three Shells is a popular family beach as it is in the town and close to shops, cafes, restaurants, amusements and the pier.
Facilities include parking, toilets, food outlets, amusements, sailing club with slipway.
Three Shells Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Three Shells beach, No dogs are allowed on Southend's beaches between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...