Westcliff Gardens (Essex)
Westcliff Gardens are on a hillside by the Southen-on-Sea promenade.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Beach: Three Shells Beach View: View over the golden sands of Three Shells Beach What’s on the menu?: All day breakfasts, light snacks, burgers, drinks & ice-creams And something else… The Three Shells has been a fixture on Southend seafront for over 25 years!
- Three Shells beach is a sandy beach in the middle of Southend-on-Sea by the pier. Three Shells is a popular family beach as it is in the town and close to shops, cafes, restaurants, amusements and the pier. Facilities include parking, toilets, food outlets, amusements, sailing club with slipway.
- The Southend Palace Theatre opened in 1912, an Edwardian Theatre that retains all of the charm of its music hall origins including a sweeping grand staircase to the Circle, alongside the many original features such as the regency-style domes on the boxes and the ornately-decorated billboard frames on the proscenium arch.
- Chalkwell Beach is a sandy beach with groynes backed by a grassy area and the beach has a seawater paddling pool. Chalkwell is part of the long Southend-on-Sea seafront, sitting towards the Western end and is less busy than the stretches near the pier. Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, cafes and kiosks. Chalkwell train station marks the end of the Southend seafront and is just a five-minute walk away
- Jubilee Beach is a busy beach as it is within Southend on Sea but located just away from the main attractions but still within walking distance of local amenities: Adventure Island, amusements, shops, plus a huge choice of cafes. Jubilee Beach is a favorite with families. Facilities include parking, toilets and food.
- The sea recedes over a mile from the beach at low tide leaving mud flats. Large boats were unable to stop at Southend near to the beach and no boats at all were able to stop at low tide. This meant that many potential visitors would travel past Southend and go to Margate, or other resorts where docking facilities were better. The solution was Southend Pier that extends 1.34 miles (2.16 km) into the Thames Estuary, it is the longest pleasure pier in the world. The pier railway runs the length of Southend Pier, providing public passenger transport from the shore to the pier head. It operates every day the pier is open, providing a quarter or half hourly service.
- Southend On Sea lifeboat station is located on the end of the long Southend-on-sea pier. The station operates 3 inshore lifeboats and a hovercraft. Station open weekends in the winter and every day in the summer. Shop open everyday depending on pier opening times.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...