Barmouth Beach (Gwynedd)
Barmouth beach is a large family sandy beach and perfect for sunbathing, games and surfing.
The beach is located on the north bank of the river Mawddach on the west coast of Wales, just within the south west corner of Snowdonia National Park. The Mawddach Estuary is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and offers visitors a range of walks, and it is popular for bird spotters and those wishing to get away from it all.
Barmouth old town is well worth a visit with its slate-roofed cottages on the side of a mountain, whilst it’s harbour is beautiful and you can walk across the spectacular Barmouth Bridge spanning the river.
Barmouth beach is a town beach and so has easy access to a range of facilities including car parks, shops, pubs, accommodation and amusement arcades.
Barmouth Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Barmouth Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Barmouth in Gwynedd is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...