Dinas Dinlle Beach
Dinas Dinlle beach is a long sandy beach backed by a pebble storm bank and split by a couple of rocky breakwaters at high tide. The beach is located on the northern coast of the Llyn Peninsula between Caernarfon and Pontllyfni and the views across to Llanddywyn island on Anglesey are great. The beach has large areas of sand when the tide goes out with the northern end of the beach backed by dunes and an airfield being much quieter.
The beach is popular for swimming, fishing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, kite-buggying, surfing, canoeing, sailing, jet skiing and power boating and operates zones in the water to protect swimmers.
Facilities include parking, toilets with disabled facilities, shops and cafes.
Dinas Dinlle Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Dinas Dinlle beach has seasonal dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Llyn Peninsula in Gwynedd is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map